|Time:||May 13, 2023, 1:00 p.m. (CEST)|
|Download as iCal:||
The department will be represented at Science Day on May 13, 2023 with a variety of offerings:
- Award ceremony of the student competition Mathematics and Physics - 1:00 p.m. in the faculty room 8.122.
- Seeing the Hidden - a lecture by Prof. Dr. Bernadette Hahn-Rigaud - 14:30 in V 53.01: In medicine and radiology, diagnosis requires a daily look into the inside of patients, in biology into the inside of cells and in astronomy into the most distant corners of our universe. In the lecture, Prof. Dr. Bernadette Hahn-Rigaud shows how this is possible with the help of mathematics.
- Guided tours "Forms and Forces" - a mathematical-physical walk to art on the Vaihingen campus with Prof. Dr. Markus Stroppel - start at the pavilion in front of the Audimax - 1:30 and 4:30 p.m.
- Beat the mathematicians: at the game booth of the Department of Mathematics you can play combinatorial games against mathematicians*. Find out what it is and how you can play and win without making mistakes - starting at 1:00 p.m. in Foyer V 53.
- Think, fiddle, discover! - at the stand of the Mathematics Department: solve the topological puzzle, wrestle with the dice snake, throw a knot! Various puzzles from the Mathematics Group will encourage you to think, tinker, and discover - starting at 1:00 p.m. in Foyer V 53.
- Studying mathematics - a lecture as part of the Bachelor Info Day by Prof. Dr. Jens Wirth - 5:00 p.m. in V 47.01.