The Gender Equality Officers of the Faculty of Mathematics and Physics support the gender mainstreaming of men and women within the Faculty 8.
Gender Equality Officer of the Faculty of Mathematics and Physics:
Vice Gender Equality Officer of the Faculty of Mathematics and Physics:
- Mentor for the Advancement of Female Scientists: Prof. Dr. M. Dressel
- Gender Equality Officer of the University of Stuttgart
The Faculty Council is the central organ of the faculty that discusses and decides on all matters related to the faculty. This includes, for example, amending exam regulations, appointment proposals, the establishment of institutions in the faculty and the constitution of all further faculty committees. The Mathematics Department Committee and the Physics Department Committee are advisory bodies to the Faculty Council.
The Faculty Council meets four times during the lecture period in the winter semester and three times in the summer semester.
Chairperson: The Dean of Faculty 8
- All Professors and all Permanent Associate Professors of the Faculty
- Representatives of the Academic Staff
- Representatives of Technology and Administration Staff
- Student Representatives
Faculty 8 has two PhD Committees, one each for the Department of Mathematics and the Department of Physics. The PhD Committee members are the professors on the Faculty Council as well as the Junior Professors and the Associate Professors for the respective subject. The Chairperson of the Doctoral Committee is the respective Vice Dean of the Departments of Mathematics and the Department of Physics.
PhD Committee Mathematics: Vice Dean for the Department of Mathematics
PhD Committee Physics: Vice Dean for the Department of Physics
Further information: Doctoral Degree Studies in the Department of Physics
The Standing Mathematics Department Committee prepares resolutions for the Faculty Council and advises this on all matters related to mathematics. The Mathematics Department Committee meets for approx 1.5 hours before each meeting of the Faculty Council.
Chairperson: The Vice Dean for Mathematics of Faculty 8
- All professors and all full-time associate professors from the Mathematics Department in Faculty 8
- Representatives of the academic staff
- Representatives of technology and administration staff
- Student representatives