Arriving by Public Transportation
From Stuttgart main station with the S-Bahn (suburban railway)
- S1 in the direction of Herrenberg
- S2 in the direction of Vaihingen / Flughafen/Messe / Filderstadt or
- S3 in the direction of Vaihingen / Flughafen/Messe
to the "Universität" stop (journey time: 10 minutes)
From Stuttgart Airport with the S-Bahn (suburban railway)
- S2 in the direction of Schorndorf or
- S3 in the direction of Backnang
to the "Universität" stop (journey time: 17 minutes)
- If arriving by train, we recommend that you buy a ticket up to the “Stuttgart-Universität” stop. There will then be no further charges for the stretch between Stuttgart main station and Stuttgart-Vahingen by public transport.
- A ticket has to be purchased for two tariff zones for the S-Bahn from either the main station or airport to the university (single ticket or multiple-trip tickets).
- Most of the institutes of Faculty 8 are at Pfaffenwaldring 57 (NWZ II), the north exit from the S-Bahn station (exit marked “Universitätszentrum”) in 5 minutes walking distance.
- A8 motorway to the “Autobahnkreuz Stuttgart”, then towards “Stuttgart Zentrum”
- A 831 motorway and B14 main road
- after the “Johannesgraben-Tunnel” - take the “Universität” exit and
- turn left at the major crossroads into “Universitätsstraße”
- turn right after the second set of pedestrian lights and past the “Universität” bus stop into Pfaffenwaldring
- The Office of the Dean of Faculty 8 as well as the majority of the institutes can be found in the building at Pfaffenwaldring.
- The Office of the Dean of Faculty 8 as well as the majority of the institutes can be found in the building at Pfaffenwaldring 57, on floors two to eight.
- Parking spaces can be found on Allandring, after the building at Allmandring 3
You can plan your route to the campus sites using the komoot route planning app with just few clicks. It calculates the fastest and best route for cyclists.